[pct-l] How much water????

Pea Hicks phix at optigan.com
Fri Sep 11 12:23:28 CDT 2009

Gary Wright wrote:
> On Sep 11, 2009, at 12:44 PM, CRYSTAL NEZGODA wrote:
>> I am planning a section A and B hike for next season, the green pct
>> book
>> says to bring atleast 8 liters of water per day... so I was
>> wondering if you
>> guys could tell me about your experience with the desert section and
>> water

8 liters would be about the maximum you'd need- as radar said, you
should have that capacity. offhand, the only stretch in section A or B
where i'd actually carry that much would be from rodriguez tank to
barrel spring, a hot, dry distance of about 33 miles with no reliable,
permanent water source.

girlscout