[pct-l] SuperSecrets of Backpacking

Postholer public at postholer.com
Wed Sep 16 13:30:50 CDT 2009

> It's probably doing something stupid with the sentence delimiter and
> your mail client displays it as a ".? " instead of ". " or ".  ".  My
> mail client ALSO displays the "?", so you're not alone.  I'm on a Mac
> with the included "Mail" app.

The question marks are a good thing!

The list server is doing some sort of "translit/ignore" to replace any
'double byte' characters. These double byte characters can wreak havoc some
types of databases.

These double byte characters originate with the users character set being
used by their email client/text editor or whatever.

-postholer