[pct-l] lost SPOT device

Jessica Randell blondeinafield at gmail.com
Tue Sep 22 12:23:06 CDT 2009

Hello,
I am currently thru-hiking the PCT and have lost my SPOT (sattelite personal
tracking device) on the trail.  The GPS coordinates where it is located are
LAT 47.58 LONG -121.146.  It is north of Cathedral Pass, south of Deception
Pass.   I am assuming that it is slightly off the trail, because the hikers
that were behind me did not see it.  It is possible that it is in the rocks
at mile 2452.5, a stream crossing described in the data book as "cross
second creek carefully, drains Mt. Daniel's NE slopes."  I slipped on a rock
here and it may have bounced out of my pack... but this is just a theory.
It did not get caught in the water because it continued tracking in the same
place until 7am the next morning after I lost it.  If anyone is planning a
trip through this area, please keep an eye out.  If it is found, please
contact me at 919 414 4860 or blondeinafield at gmail.com.
Thank you so much,
Jessica Randell