[pct-l] water report 9/12-19/09 (And more water updates needed!)

AsABat AsABat at 4Jeffrey.Net
Tue Sep 22 22:12:57 CDT 2009

Thank you, Janet! Sounds like a great trip.

For everyone: I have received several emails asking about current water
conditions in Southern California, but haven't had much in the way of
updates lately. I know the herd is approaching Canada, but there are
sobos heading down here (unfortunately probably to get stopped at
Soledad Canyon because of the fire) and the section hikers are starting
up again as the weather cools.

Keep the reports coming all year, and I'll keep compiling them at
http://pct.4jeffrey.net <http://pct.4jeffrey.net/>

AsABat
Updates to water at 4jeffrey.net

-----Original Message-----
From: Janet Grossman
Sent: Tuesday, September 22, 2009 8:22 AM
Subject: water report 9/12-19/09

I hiked NOBO from CA Hwy 58 to Kennedy Meadows, CA Section F and part of
G, from 9/12 to 9/19. Hot, dry, beautiful, and saw no other people other
than 2 men on an OHV (on McIvers Rd.) on 9/15. I was glad I saw them, as
I had no cell phone coverage the whole time, and they agreed to call my
partner that night and confirm I was ok. Barney Hope started out doing
the same section on 9/10, but we didn't meet each other until KM.
However, he got cell coverage places I didn't, and was able to have his
friend call and let me know there actually was water at the first
spring, Golden Oaks, so that I was able to drink/dump 3 liters of water
from my pack. What a relief!
<snip>