[pct-l] Face Mask

hiker97 at aol.com hiker97 at aol.com
Tue Sep 22 22:43:58 CDT 2009

Yes, Switchback, has done it again.? No more?freezing face, nose, lips in a dark and cold tent at night.? Warmth and breathability?are now mine.? I have purchased the light weight Seirus Neofleece Combo Scarf from REI.

This takes the place of other clothing gear I carried, so it is not an addition, but a better substitution.? I now laugh at a cold Sierra night or the desert in winter.? These are envions that make the dry air seems to go straight through clothing protection and sleeping bags.? No matter how deeply you try to bury yourself in your bag, you are always chilled.? Any slight touch of air on your exposed skin and you instantly turn to ice.? Not anymore.

By the way, the big Sierra Trail Pass-Cottonwood Pass expedition has been delayed until October 2-4.? This expedition might include Meadow Ed, Crash, and Switchback.? All battle harden wilderness warriors of many campaigns.? Mountainmen of the first order, who are alert to Indian tracks and signs.??Men who?notice any changes in the sounds of insects, birds, and the wind in the grasses.? All could be indications of ambush and attack.

I thank you.?