[pct-l] SWITCHBACK & REINHOLD.....after action reports

hiker97 at aol.com hiker97 at aol.com
Sun Sep 27 14:13:05 CDT 2009

Unsupported JMT Reinyhold writes: The Commies always plot against hard core hikers to soften the resistance to the coming revolution.? Yes, you and I go back a long way....to a time when "Mountain Men" were "Mountain Men" and Bears & Saber Tooth Tiger were nervous.....nervous because we were the stalkers and they were the stalked......I mean we were frying Grizzlies & Saber Tooth Tigers over open flame fires.?

Switchback replies: Yes, I remember those days well in the Sierra and along the PCT.? I remember you chasing hot Neanderthal babes and skiing off the glaciers through out the Sierras.? Now only Palisades Glacier is left of any size and year around permanency.? I think you get to it out of Big Pine.?

Also, if we had a misfire with?our buffalo gun at a charging grizzly, we just pulled out?the cold steel?of our Bowie knife and finished the job.? Now let me be clear about this for the younger folks.? It is not that we were hunting grizzlies.? We just happen to be going somewhere and grizzly was there first.

Now we have the nanny state.? And big government with big taxes?and more?coming.??Back in our?mountain man youth people stood on their own two?feet.? Bad behavior was not rewarded with other people's money.? That is what I still love about the PCT.? You will not run into anyone?telling you that you owe them something for some reason or another.? Out on the trail you must be self-reliant or perish.? Neat.?
??