[pct-l] Pocket mail alternative

David Thibault dthibaul07 at gmail.com
Mon Sep 28 17:54:13 CDT 2009

The Peek has an airplane mode that turns off the seek reception mode.  Also
it only seeks cell connection when turned on.  Unlike a phone it doesn't
have to be always on.  When you turn it on it attempts to connect and then
downloads your new messages.  When its off it is off.

I found I could go about a week without recharging it while actually using
it about an hour a day.  That was more than enough time to read emails and
compose journal entries.  I also used it as a book by using dailylit.com to
email me chapters of books one at a time.  Towards the end I wasn't reading
much casue I was too tired at night.  I also was able to get weather reports
with it once in a while (a nice feature).