[pct-l] question about training

Erik The Black erik at eriktheblack.com
Wed Sep 30 13:32:30 CDT 2009

Hi Ann,

I'd say if you can do a three-day backpacking trip of 40-60 miles, carrying
the gear that you plan to take on your thru-hike (with a full resupply of 5
days of food) then you have what it takes physically.

If you plan a three-day shakedown hike like that sometime before you are
planning to leave it will give you a chance to test our your endurance and
your gear, and you'll be a step ahead of a lot of hikers who do nothing all
winter but drink beer and read trail journals (myself included) ;)

Happy trails!
Erik the Black
www.pctatlas.com

Message: 7