[pct-l] water reports

CHUCK CHELIN steeleye at wildblue.net
Fri Apr 2 09:22:39 CDT 2010

Good morning, Bag Lady,

First, I open the report with MS-Word to edit-out anything I think is not
immediately useful.  Less-than-useful are entries any that are dry or
unreliable;  I know I’m not going to spend time looking for them anyway.  Maybe
if there are few options in an area I’ll leave something extra in for
backup, but that’s rare.  If there are several reliable entries in close
proximity I’ll remove all but the one I prefer and trust.

The resulting edited piece is then divided into increments that match my
resupply shipments.  These much smaller increments are then formatted with a
small font size and printed on both sides of the paper.

Given more familiarity with the trail resources one can just note the water
location or coordinates on the map and go without the paper entirely.

Enjoy your planning,

Steel-Eye

http://www.trailjournals.com/steel-eye

http://www.trailjournals.com/SteelEye09