[pct-l] deodorant

patti kulesz peprmintpati88 at yahoo.com
Fri Apr 2 14:12:55 CDT 2010

I ditched the deoderant about a week into the trail...for one ur not taking a shower from 4-5 days a week and putting that stuff on everyday is just gonna build up a thick nastiness under ur arms after that longs, not to mention clog up the pours and cause ingrown hairs which can also become infected with all that dirt and deoderant building up in there with the sweat..uh yeh I'm sure u get the pic!

also carrying the weight of deoderant is like carrying the weight of maybe half a snickers...personally I prefer the snickers:~

as for the smell...well no one else will be wearing it so ur technically gonna be stanky to all the other hikers cuz they won''t be used to the smell of clean anymore and u'll be smelling clean and well again I'm sure u get the pic!

I used wipes under my arms before I went to bed at night and then if i needed to hitch I would wipe again just before so I wasn't stinky to whoever picked us up...french baths are more gross than no bath...just sayin...

patti Sugar Moma PCT 09!

www.hikestrong2010.com hiking again in 2010 for cancer!