[pct-l] Deodorant

Matthew Edwards hetchhetchyman at aol.com
Fri Apr 2 16:16:42 CDT 2010

This brings to mind my hitch into Packwood Washington from White Pass. A really nice fella insisted I take a bag of oranges and a spray can of AXE body spray deodorant (NO JOKE!). I tried to say no but he insisted so I took it. Though I never used it on myself while in town I did spray it in my hotel room like air freshener and left it in the common bathroom of the Packwood Hotel.
While we may not smell each other or ourselves while on the trail I was always confronted by my smelly gear after cleaning up in town and returning to my room!
Ditto to what SteelEye said about the "over soaped" and perfumed day hikers.. Could smell them before I saw them sometimes! I wonder what they smelled! HeHeHe!
-Iceaxe
HikeStrong2010.com Benefits Cancer Research
Sent on the go from my Peek