[pct-l] Everlight solar powered headlamp\ipod charger

Paul Cronshaw beemancron at hotmail.com
Fri Apr 2 18:35:22 CDT 2010

Last year, I switched from the Fenix LOD to the Everlight, and took it on my trips into the Los Padres National Forest, and on my last year's PCT section hike between Death Canyon and Crabtree:

http://www.newlite.com/catpage/cliplight.html

Gives a very bright light; works well for night hiking. It is lightweight (1.8 oz) and fits nicely on a baseball cap.

Initially, I would recharge it during a lunch break. One time, I put it on a sunny rock, hiked on without it, and had to retrace steps to retrieve it. Now I leave it attached to my cap during the hiking day.   Makes for a great conversation piece!  A sunny day is important, but it will partially recharge on a cloudy day.

Sorry I have no experience using the solar ipod charger.

The Beeman
(BTW I have no association with the company; just a happy customer)