[pct-l] Archive help? (OR longest stretch between resupply)

Gary Wright gwtmp01 at mac.com
Fri Apr 2 22:12:11 CDT 2010

On Apr 2, 2010, at 10:56 PM, Rebekah David wrote:

> Hi there, I'm fairly new to the list (>2 months) and I can't figure out how
> to search the archives... I see the link (
> http://mailman.backcountry.net/pipermail/pct-l/) to the actual archives
> themselves, but no search function... Do I need to just go through each one
> manually? Or is there something I'm missing?

Use google.  For example:

	site:mailman.backcountry.net mojave or tehachapi

> I'm specifically wondering about how long a stretch without resupply is
> reasonable and what other people have done.

Typical length of resupply on the PCT is 5-7 days of hiking (4-6 nights
on the trail).  The major exception of this is the High Sierra where
some hikers choose to do a 10-11 day resupply between Kennedy Meadows
and VVR.

IMHO, Yogi's PCT Handbook is the best source of information on
resupply options and strategies (mail, purchase, combo).

Radar