[pct-l] water Straw

Amanda L Silvestri aslive at sbcglobal.net
Fri Apr 2 22:13:44 CDT 2010

I seem to recall hearing something about a water filtering straw that were being given to the people of Haiti.  As I understand it, you just stick it into the water and suck and the water you get is clean.  I have never heard of such a thing although it sounds ultra-light.  The closest thing I can think of are those water bottles that have the filter inside with the water and that you would then suck out.  If these Haiti straws were any good I would expect to be seeing everyone carrying one, but I haven't heard a peep about them. Do any of you know anything about these things?

Shepherd