[pct-l] water straw; SODIS water disinfection

CHUCK CHELIN steeleye at wildblue.net
Sat Apr 3 07:26:45 CDT 2010

Good morning, Mad Hatter,

I have not used the straw filter, but a hiking friend tried one – for a
short while.  He said -- as Dan Africk mentioned – that the effort to draw
water through the straw was disturbing.  It worked, but he never could get
the satisfaction of a good, big gulp.  As a result he usually didn’t drink
as much as he should have.  It might have worked better in a sip-hose from a
hydration bladder, but he didn't try that.

I don’t know what they cost, but I’ve thought of getting one just to keep in
my car.

Welcome to the PCT and enjoy your hike,

Steel-Eye

http://www.trailjournals.com/steel-eye