[pct-l] Water report updates more timely this year

hiker97 at aol.com hiker97 at aol.com
Sat Apr 3 14:54:19 CDT 2010

Lightning Rod wrote to the Kickoff Prankster AsABat: Sounds like one of Switchback's schemes.  Hmmmmm. . .
Switchback replies: Once again my attorney's Dowey, Cheatum, and Howe have been contacted.  The hikers friend and pal, Swichback, has been mailigned.  This leave a bad taste in my mounth to know my friend, L-Rod, has such a suspicious mind of the inoccent and humble Trail Pirate.

Say, speaking of taste, I will be sending Hiker Heaven a thru-hiker/section hiker season supply of M&M's.  I figure Sections E and F need some heat resisitant M&M's.

But be warned.  This generosity is surrounded with danger.  L-Rod is a well known junkie of M&M's.  I can see hungry hikers showing up at Hiker Heaven begging for their allotment of M&M's and be told by the hostess, "What M&M's?  Never heard of them.  Is that a music rock group?  Check Walker Pass Food Ruck,  Maybe you can get some there.  Or better yet check at the Kennedy Meadows store.  Say, do you have an alcohol wipe, so I can get this chocolate off my hands and lips?"

The logistics situation would say that I should just drop them off on my way down to the big April Kickoff at Lake Morena.  But that might be politically incorrect, if you know what I mean.  If I try to sneak them into Hiker Heaven, I will just torn apart by a pack of dogs - been there, done that.  I would like to personally hand them to Buzz Saw and not L-Rod.  The latter confrontation might be disconcerting considering my destination --- I am a fearless mountainman/PCT Hiker Trash backpacker, but I am not a fool.

I will have to think about this.