[pct-l] nerve problems in feet/bigger size shoe needed

Marion Davison mardav at charter.net
Sat Apr 3 21:00:04 CDT 2010

I'm taking an informal survey.
After our first year of long distance hiking, Ray started to experience
  nerve problems in his feet that have persisted to this day.  He has a
sense that his feet are under pressure, even when barefoot, and
sometimes a persistent tingle.  Not anything that would be described as
pain.
Has anyone else experienced this?

Both of us have gone to larger shoe sizes.  In my 30's I wore men's size
8 running shoes and hiking boots.  Since our first year of long distance
hiking (1996)I have been wearing men's size 10 1/2.  Ray has gone from
size 11 to size 13 in all his shoes.
Is this common?  Only among hikers? Or is this a natural consequence of
aging?
Marion and Ray