[pct-l] Trail marks

Frank Dumville fdumville at earthlink.net
Sun Apr 4 10:08:36 CDT 2010

A caution to hikers about following the 'helpful' markings found on the trail.

I was out in section A10 Saturday and noticed someone had placed very visible lime directional arrows on the trail where it makes a short jog onto Mason Valley Truck Trail fire road. However, the next arrows pointed down the fire road, not down the PCT where it turns off the road again. The intersection is signed so this shouldn't be a problem for the observant hiker.

I point this out as a reminder to hikers that not all of those 'helpful' arrows in the dirt, rock cairns and notes will be pointing in the direction you want to go.

Snap