[pct-l] Lighten your pack the JMT Reinhold way

Reinhold Metzger reinholdmetzger at cox.net
Thu Apr 1 04:16:05 CDT 2010

Marion,
A really nice hiker ballad.
Maybe you should sing it at the KO.
It would be perfect KO entertainment.....with you as the lead singer and Switchback and
Patti (Sugar Moma) singing back up.

BTW Marion, can you make sure that "Lee" does not eat all the grass and leaves some grass
in the meadows for the "UL Grazing Hikers"?

JMT Reinhold
The grazer
--------------------------
Marion wrote:

Reinhold Metzger wrote:
>/ To all those, concerned about heavy food and pack weight......did you
/>/ ever consider  "GRAZING"?
/>/ There are lot's of meadows along the trail.
/>/ You might, however, have to carry a few nuts to get you through the desert.
/>/
/>/ JMT Reinhold
/>/ The grazer
/>/
/Okay, that's it.  Now I have to publish this.
While hiking the PCT with my llamas, at a llama grazing pace, I had time
to write the lyrics for this ditty, to the tune of Ërie Canal".

Grazing the PCT
I've got a llama, his name is Lee, 500 miles on the PCT
He carries my backbreaking loads for me, 500 miles on the PCT
He hauls those big loads up the trail
through the rain and snow and hail
and he's tasted every blade of grass
from Cottonwood to Sonora Pass
Meadows, flowers all around,
green fields, llama's happy grazing ground
and you know my favorite llama, is my big buddy Lee
'cause we hiked 500 miles on the PCT.

Marion (llamalady)
See yáll at kickoff.