[pct-l] SWIMMING SUIT ????? AND FORUM ??

JIM BRAVO jimbravo at wildblue.net
Sun Apr 4 18:39:18 CDT 2010

Véronique GIRARD-MADOUX wrote:
But when I look at hikers' gear list (specially women) I don't see any kind
of swimming suit. So I wonder,  is it the 21st of june naked day every day
on the trail ?

Veronique:

We have some interesting customs and laws here in America, particularly on
the Pacific Crest Trail. Let me explain the NAKED HIKER laws if I may. I've
taken a few law classes so I'm practically an attorney. June 21 of each year
is NAKED HIKER DAY on the PCT for all males. This is optional of course. Men
are absolutely not permitted to be seen naked at any other time. May, June,
July, and August are mandated NAKED HIKER MONTHS for females, and is of
course, mandatory. There is only one exception to this law, when hypothermia
threatens. I'm not sure when these seemingly archaic laws were adopted here,
as there seems to be some discrepancy, possibly unjust, between men and
women. Yes, these are actually LAWS, enforced by rangers and some
morally-upright hikers. Honestly, we don't need to understand the law, we
just need to follow it. C'est la vie.

I hope this helps.

Jim
Straywolf