[pct-l] SWIMMING SUIT ????? AND FORUM ??

Diane at Santa Barbara Hikes dot com diane at santabarbarahikes.com
Sun Apr 4 19:54:42 CDT 2010

On Apr 4, 2010, at 6:31 AM, pct-l-request at backcountry.net wrote:
> Hello,
> Swimming suite : I read on this forum that some hotels in resupply
> towns  have swimming pool, or there are lakes along the way. But
> when I look at hikers' gear list (specially women) I don't see any
> kind of swimming suit. So I wonder,  is it the 21st of june naked
> day every day on the trail ?

I don't think you need a bathing suit to swim in a mountain lake. But
many hotels have a no street clothes in the pool policy, so it's not
a bad idea to have a bathing suit in a bounce box that you ship to
yourself to towns where you plan to stay in a hotel. Men have it
easier since their shorts will look like a bathing suit but it's not
as easy for women. Some places have loaner bathing suits. I believe
that they will lend you a suit at Drakesbad, but I'm not certain. I
carried a bathing suit from Chester to Old Station (2 days) just so I
could use the pool at Drakesbad. Nobody gave me any trouble going in
the pool in my hiking clothes at Warner Springs.

> PCT forum :I think it is judicious to keep on receiving mails from
> the PCT forum during the trail, for all the informations it brings,
> but how to manage so many messages with a PEEK ?, it may burn out
> the battery very quickly. Former hikers have an idea about that ???
You can turn off receipt of emails and just read the archives, or
just use webmail if you can get your device to stop downloading emails.

> MERCI
> Veronique/Edelweiss

Books I've written:
~ Piper's Flight