[pct-l] Snow conditions in Mammoth

Paul Cronshaw beemancron at hotmail.com
Mon Apr 5 01:38:48 CDT 2010

Just back from a family trip to Mammoth over my spring break.

The first two days, a storm came in and dumped 18" of new snow.
A winter wonderland in springtime!

http://picasaweb.google.com/beemancron/MammothSpringBreak#5456502026231395474

With another storm scheduled tonight to bring more snow to the Sierras, I am wondering if
the Sierra start date from KM might have to to be adjusted.

I used snowshoes for the first time to do some cross country exploring.  Has anyone hiked the PCT in a heavy snow season in snowshoes?

The Beeman