[pct-l] nerve problems in feet/bigger size shoe needed

Thomas Jamrog balrog at midcoast.com
Mon Apr 5 05:09:19 CDT 2010

May not be bullshit.  There are vastly different reasons behind why some people's feet heal and other people's don't.  I have tried all the things you list including acupunture ( 12 sessions out of my pocket) . Plantar facistis is a differing condition than the neuromas that plague some of us. The body and especially the feet, with the multitiude of small bones and nerve pathways is astoundingly complex.  In my case it was a biomechanical gait problem along with unusually long metatarsal bones that contributed to my forefoot problem.  The podiatrist first thought I had a stress fracture in my left forefoot,and then after ruling that out with the x-rays, instantly pegged the problem as soon as I ambled across the room. In a separate 2nd opinion,  an excellent PT came up with the same reason without xrays by observing my gait in the hallway.  The best info that has moderated my discomfort is from Sherry Brourman, PT, " Walk Yourself Well" is essentially a bible on gait recorrection.
Uncle Tom

Uncle Tom

Follow Uncle Tom on the PCT 2010.
2,656 miles from Mexico to Canada.