[pct-l] Passport" card

Marion Davison mardav at charter.net
Mon Apr 5 13:39:11 CDT 2010

Trailwife at aol.com wrote:
> I was asked?
>

> What  is a "Passport" card ???????
>

> A passport card is a wallet sized card that  passport holders can get in
> addition to their passport. It is good for  ground travel to and from Canada,
> and air travel within the USA.
>
> _https://www.usimmigrationsupport.org/passportcard.html_
> (https://www.usimmigrationsupport.org/passportcard.html)

I had a three hour wait for re-entry into the US at the "Peace park"
entry south of Vancouver last summer. I had an ordinary passport. People
with the passport card could bypass the long line and get through quick.
  My understanding of this system is that it is not easy to get a card.
  You need a lot more paperwork and a face to face interview.  However
it is very worthwhile for those who make frequent crossings--let's say
they live close to a border and cross it often for work or pleasure.
For me who does it once a year or less it isn't worth the bother.