[pct-l] Gear Lists

Monty Tam montypct at gmail.com
Tue Apr 6 10:13:28 CDT 2010

I saw this recent posting on gear lists for the current thru hikers.  Last year I hiked my most comfortable hike ever.  This is due to a 8 to 9 lb gear system that included phone and camera.  With ice on the outside of my bivy I had to unzip to cool down.  I spent 60 hours in a storm of rain, snow, sleet, slush drops and high winds under my tarp remaining totally warm and dry.
Yogi has published this gear list in the current www.pcthandbook.com .  As a respect to her and her copyrights for publishing my short chapter on this system, I let people read about it there before they ask me any questions on gear.

See you at the Kick Off.................... and maybe in the gear section.

Warner Springs Monty

The Fun Goes Up when the Weight Goes Down
-Warner Springs Monty Tam
Lightweight Backpacking
www.trailjournals.com search Monty