[pct-l] Pack advice

Jim & Jane Moody moodyjj at comcast.net
Thu Apr 8 07:23:29 CDT 2010

Hi, Hillary,

You'll hear this a lot - buy your pack last.  Settle on the rest of your gear, then take it to the outfitter and see how it fits inside, how heavy it feels loaded, etc.  If you can borrow a pack of the kind you're looking at and take it to the field for a test, that's even better.

Don't forget that you'll be carrying extra water in places and a bear can in the Sierra.

God luck,

Mango