[pct-l] Insect repellent

Eric Lee saintgimp at hotmail.com
Thu Apr 8 17:17:43 CDT 2010

guess most folks carry DEET.  What concentration do folks find the best?
And do you carry a spray container (how much)?  Or just a plain bottle?
Coleman has just come out with several different DEET products of different
concentrations and different sizes.

The most important attribute of DEET is not it's concentration (anything
above 33% or so doesn't seem to make much of a difference) but rather how
long an application lasts.  I try not to use DEET much if I can help it,
preferring long pants and long-sleeved shirts instead, but I carry 3M
Ultrathon repellent because does a good job with a slow time release.

http://solutions.3m.com/wps/portal/3M/en_US/Ultrathon/Products/

Eric