[pct-l] 15 Foot Eastern Rattlesnake

Hiker97 hiker97 at aol.com
Thu Apr 8 22:29:15 CDT 2010

I just saw some pictures today on the Internet of a giant snake caught in Florida.  This thing was a monster -- the largest ever caught.  Even Reinhold, the Snow Bunny would be afraid.  The striking distance was estimated at almost 6 feet with enough poison to kill 40 grown men with one bite and weighed about 170 pounds.

I say we cannot let our Western Rattlesnakes be maligned!!  This is an outrage.  I say the Class of 2010 be responsible for finding a bigger snake.  I say they leave things out to attract snakes at night.  If you attract one, I guarantee you will not miss it in the morning.

This is a matter of honor and the prestige of the PCT.  I think I will try to attract some down at the Kickoff in a few weeks at Lake Morena.  We can measure and weigh the biggest one to see if we can take back the record.

Afterwards, you can let go of it and we can submit the stats for approval.  No problem.  Simple.

Respectfully.

Switchback the Trail Pirate