[pct-l] Class of 2010 - Fuel Canisters, Agua Dulce

dsaufley dsaufley at sprynet.com
Fri Apr 9 11:56:31 CDT 2010

For many years, the fabulous Agua Dulce Hardware Store has been donating
denatured alcohol (amongst other things) for PCT hikers.  We just love the
folks at the hardware store, and they are so supportive of the hikers and
the trail.  To add to their ongoing support, the owner, Trish Brewer,
offered to stock hiker-type fuel canisters, saving many of you hiker-types
the trip to REI or other venues.  I have the lists of things hikers buy, but
it's short on specifics when it comes to the types of fuel canisters a
retailer should carry.  So here's a few questions:

What brands of fuel canisters do hikers want?  (i.e, Snow Peak, MSR, etc.)

What size of fuel canisters are wanted?

How many of you would like to pick up a fuel canister while passing through
Agua Dulce?

It would only take Trish a short time to stock up, so if you let me know
ahead, together we'll make sure the fuel cans are available.  BTW, they've
already got an awesome collection of cool looking walking staffs :o)

L-Rod (the Animal Magnet)

The first step.  The last step.  The most important step:  protect the PCT.
www.pcta.org/help/donate_form.asp