[pct-l] Billy Goat's lost poles

Gary Wright gwtmp01 at mac.com
Fri Apr 9 23:25:19 CDT 2010

On Apr 10, 2010, at 12:07 AM, Diane at Santa Barbara Hikes dot com wrote:
> It's hard to know whether
> it's better to try to return things to their owners or to leave them
> behind. When I lost gloves on the trail last year I hoped the guy
> behind me would find them. He did but he left them in the trail. I
> never saw my gloves again.

One night at a shelter on the AT just outside of Hot Springs we were
all sitting around talking about the day and one of the hikers asked
if anyone had found a Waldie on the trail. (Waldie's were popular on
the AT in 2002 before Croc's took over a couple years later.)

Almost everyone, including myself, said "Oh yeah, we saw that shoe
just out of town sitting on a stone wall along side the trail".  We
all saw it but no one bothered to pick it up.

Radar