[pct-l] Billy Goat's lost poles

Bob Bankhead wandering_bob at comcast.net
Fri Apr 9 23:26:26 CDT 2010

Last August, we found a treasure trove of expensive gear lying along the JMT between Muir Pass and Muir Trail Ranch. We found a big 20 oz Katadyn Pocket water filter ($289) in its case, lying on a bridge, and a 20x72 Thermarest lying beside the trail several miles further north (looked like it had "jumped off" someone's pack). We carried them both to MTR and left them with Pat.

Also carried in a big bag of somebody ele's trash, collected from several campsites along the trail.