[pct-l] Billy Goat's Lost Poles

Diane at Santa Barbara Hikes dot com diane at santabarbarahikes.com
Sat Apr 10 08:35:02 CDT 2010

I remember another story. I found a nice orange hat hanging on a
stick next to the trail. Looked like somebody stuck it on the stick
hoping to make it easier for the owner to find it. Well, I really
wanted a nice hat and orange is my favorite color so I took it. A
couple days later I'm hanging out with some new trail friends at
White Pass and we're talking about cool stuff we've found and I pull
out my new hat. Turned out it belonged to one of the guys and he was
so happy to get it back.

I think it's better to bring stuff with you that you find because if
the owner is going to go back and look for it, you might save him/her
a mile or more of backtracking. And if they don't, you might actually
find the owner later. But it's a crapshoot because there are section
hikers who aren't going the same way in some parts of the trail.

Books I've written:
~ Piper's Flight
~ Adventure and Magic
~ Santa Barbara Hikes