[pct-l] why close the burn areas?

AsABat asabat at 4jeffrey.net
Sun Apr 11 19:34:44 CDT 2010

> >>I don't fault government agencies for doing what is necessary to limit
> their liability.  The fault lies with our law makers for creating the
> liability in the first place and in us for encouraging our law makers to
> 'protect us' from every possible risk.

I too am completely flabbergasted that any person or agency could be held
liable for natural hazards.Might as well just close all areas that haven't
been covered with buildings or pavement.

I have witnessed three trees falling in the backcountry, none of these were
in burn areas. I suggest that walking through the burn area is less
dangerous than roadwalking.

AsABat