[pct-l] Flotsam and Jetsam

JIM BRAVO jimbravo at wildblue.net
Mon Apr 12 20:04:36 CDT 2010

On Mon, Apr 12, 2010 at 5:45 PM, Suzannah Swinehart <suz_quz at hotmail.com>wrote:
If I were princess of the universe, all giardia encrusted undergarments
would be promptly returned to the outside of the owner's pack with the aid
of some superglue.

Suzannah:

You've reminded me of a story. A friend of mine, Nick, who passed away
recently, was camping in the Kennedy Meadows CG (North) with a group of
scouts a few decades ago. After a couple of days there, a nearby group of
campers packed up their stuff and headed home, but left a HUGE volume of
trash lying all over the place. Nick sprung into action. He went to the old
KM store and told the owners about it. The owners gave Nick the
people's name and address from the campsite registration form, and Nick
and his group gathered up all of the trash (and then some) and mailed it
in two big boxes to the offender's home address. Inside was a note that read
"YOU FORGOT THIS!".

In retrospect, I hope they were able to find some crusty underwear, a la
Iceaxe, and include them in the box. Hmmm...that would be a great trail
description. When something has crap on it, it is "A LA ICEAXE" . Kind of
like "a la mode", only much less...uuhhh...desirable. Sorry Iceaxe, you
deserve better than this.

Jim
Straywolf