[pct-l] Flotsam and jetsam

AsABat asabat at 4jeffrey.net
Tue Apr 13 11:51:33 CDT 2010

On a Sierra hike years ago, the boots I was wearing (we all wore huge heavy
boots) became unbearable. I changed to my sneakers and tossed the boots in a
bush, intending to pick them up on the way out. A week later, heading out
early in the morning, I saw a group camped next to the bush. I went over in
a friendly way and retrieve my boots. They hadn't noticed them, but I would
not have been happy if they had claimed them. They weren't abandoned, they
were cached. (Yes, I suppose technically leaving property in the wilderness
is wrong, but I wasn't about to carry an extra 10 pounds on my back.)

Long live trail running shoes!

AsABat