[pct-l] why close the burn areas?

AsABat asabat at 4jeffrey.net
Tue Apr 13 12:36:27 CDT 2010

I see your points, but would if I agreed then I would argue we should also
close the forests to protect the animals during drought or when snow is on
the ground, as both reduce the browse available. There are some who advocate
creating wilderness completely closed to humans. I don't agree, I think we
need to educate humans on our resources and that is best done by seeing
wilderness.

PLEASE NOTE: I do NOT advocate breaking any laws. I respect closures, I just
don't agree with them, and wish they'd go away.
I'm sure another reason not mentioned are the archaeology surveys done after
fires that almost always reveal new sites. Speaking of picking up abandoned
property, the law requires we leave any artifacts where we find them. Sure
is tempting sometimes, but always leave them alone.

It seems to me the solution is educating users on proper behavior and
getting more enforcement in the field to make sure users do behave. I would
think the tickets could cover the enforcement costs.

AsABat