[pct-l] giardia symptoms

Brick Robbins brick at brickrobbins.com
Tue Apr 13 13:50:17 CDT 2010

On Tue, Apr 13, 2010 at 7:00 AM, Janet Grossman <janetgr at cableone.net> wrote:
> Along with the total loss of appetite comes nasty sulfur-tasting burps. When I came down with giardia (after returning home from a section hike), I had few symptoms other than no appetite and the burps, so it took me a month of feeling not-quite-right before I saw my doc and was diagnosed and treated. Then I talked to another doc who said the burps are a standard symptom, though I'd never heard of it before.<

Usually Giardia comes on very slowly.

If something hits you fast and hard, it is usually some other form of
bug, and you probably got it from food, not the water.

In Nepal, the doctors called Giardia "The Purple Burps" and the drug
of choice for treating is is Tinidazol, It is new to the US market so
many doctors here don't know about it. All the 3rd world MDs do.
Cheaper, faster, fewer side effects.