[pct-l] Giardia

Pat Wormington airecrew at netzero.net
Tue Apr 13 21:16:06 CDT 2010

I contracted Giardia in Washington, on the last 90 miles of the PCT.  I
finished September 17, '09 and it didn't hit me until the end of
October.  I thought I had a flu bug.  An Aunt had the very same symptoms
a week later.  Searching the internet several times, it looked like I
was past the window of developing symptoms.  Wrong !!  The first week in
January I finally went to the Dr.  I couldn't afford to lose any more
weight.  The muscle spasms and touchy abdomen at the same time were just
too much.  No alcohol a few weeks during and after taking the pills did
the trick.  I didn't treat all my water last Spring in Southern
California and had no ill effects.

Jollylopper