[pct-l] Trail name stories

AsABat asabat at 4jeffrey.net
Thu Apr 15 17:18:43 CDT 2010

Remember "The One"?

After several discussions about a highly controversial subject I don't dare
mention (rhymes with "bear ran"), after it all finally settled down, a new
member of this list posted:

"Do I need to carry a ___?"

All the discussion started again, it got VERY ugly, like nothing we've
seen this year.

When he met others on the list and learned he had started the new
discussion, they replied,

"Oh, you're the one" (who started it)

and he was known as "The One" from then on.

You don't have to accept a trail name, but if you don't want it you have to
shake it off like you would a nickname the mean kids in kindergarten tried
to give you.

Peace,

AsABat