[pct-l] Using the Ursack without the aluminum

gwschenk at socal.rr.com gwschenk at socal.rr.com
Thu Apr 22 14:10:22 CDT 2010

---- Bob Bankhead <wandering_bob at comcast.net> wrote:
> Let's be realistic here. The need to protect your food doesn't magically stop at the park boundaries; only the regulations do. Bears and other hungry critters don't recognize arbitrary man-made boundaries.
>
> Just because there are no rules mandating specific food protection methods within a given geographical area does not mean you can get careless. Make an informed risk/benefit decision before you arbitrarily dump your bear can or Ursack for a different container.

I agree completely. However, outside the parks bears are hunted. That makes a difference in how they view people. Instead of people being sources of food, bears are sources of food for people. Bears ain't stupid.

Or in other words, sometimes you eat the bear, and sometimes the bear eats you. :-)

Gary