[pct-l] Trail closures and reroute information - where?

Len Glassner len5742 at gmail.com
Sat Apr 24 23:18:51 CDT 2010

On Sat, Apr 24, 2010 at 9:46 AM, Darren Bagnall
<darren.bagnall at yahoo.com> wrote:
> HI All -
>
> People keep posting information such as 'section x is mostly closed' or
> 'the frog detour' or 'the equestrian detour' or 'that fire detour'. I have no idea
> what you are talking about. ('cause I am a noob i guess) Where do I find this
> information?

WRT the frog walk, aka the 'endangered species closure' see the the
water report, at mile 384.1.

http://www.4jeffrey.net/pct/a.htm

I think the equestrian detour was recently used in reference to the
Glacier Peak detour, which starts north of Snoqualmie Pass, mile 24??.
 Sorry I don't have links handy.  I think two detours were laid out,
one for hikers (a trail), another for stock (a lot of road).  But it
seems that the regular PCT is in better shape now and that is what
hikers are following, so I don't think you'll have to worry about that
detour.