[pct-l] Introducing the "PCT Info Sherpa" for Mobile phones - beta

Austin Williams austinwilliams123 at gmail.com
Thu Apr 29 22:02:07 CDT 2010

So I was asked a while back if I'd ever make the info on the 99 resupply
points available on the mobile phone.  So I finally got to it.  While I was
at it I figured it would be nice to also make the Water Reports available
too.  And Postholer's wheather forecast, the Half Mile pct phonebook and
half mile's maps (maps only works for iPhone users).

It's designed mostly for small screen smartphones.  Anything with internet
access should be able to handle it.  Just point it to:

planyourhike.com/mobile

BE WARNED!  I don't actually own a smart phone myself, so I don't know if
this works or not! (thus the "beta" status).  I've only tested it on
cellphone simulators.  I'm pretty much programming the thing blind.  So let
me know if it's working, or if it's so bad it makes your eyes bleed.  :)
Thanks.

--
Austin Williams

www.PlanYourHike.com
Info on PCT gear, resupply points, maps, movies, etc.

"Sit as little as possible. Give no credence to any thought that was not
born outdoors while moving about freely."
   --Friedrich Nietzsche