[pct-l] plant identification

Len Glassner len5742 at gmail.com
Fri Apr 30 17:31:03 CDT 2010

Perhaps this is what happens when one confuses yucca (yucka?) with agave.

Snippet from a TJ entry:

-------- and --------- ate agave, fresh and cooked.

Select a plant with about a 1-2 foot stalk, cut the stalk off as deep
into the base rosette as possible, peel off the outer green sheath,
and eat the juicy crisp part that is closest to the base rosette.
Tastes sweet and crunchy like cucumber and sweet potato. Be careful
not to get any spines on your hands.

They also had some chemise tea, boiling about 2 inches of terminal shoots.

And IMO, huckleberries are highly overrated.

--
'Quotation is a serviceable substitute for wit' - Oscar Wilde

Sent from home by my carrier pigeon.