[pct-l] Bay area store recommendations for gear

Rachel Dysart rachel_dysart at yahoo.com
Mon Aug 2 14:30:39 CDT 2010

Hello all,

The last time I went backpacking I used my Dad's USFS and boy scout gear and
needless to say I need some gear updates.  I've had a few bad experiences with
the larger stores, especially the Saratoga REI.  Would anyone have a
recommendation for a smaller store?  I did some research and I found a place
called Down Works in Santa Cruz, anyone have an experience with them?  Any
recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!
Rachel