[pct-l] Plumas NF current conditions near Belden?

David Plotnikoff david at emeraldlake.com
Mon Aug 2 17:16:15 CDT 2010

Hello from a longtime list-lurker.

Thanks to a break in my kid's rockclimbing trip schedule, I find
myself with a windfall three days next week. Having had to skip
Quincy-LaPorte Road to Chester due to the fire closure two or three
years ago, I'd like to get back to it. At least Quincy-LaPorte Road
to Belden.

Three calls to Plumas NF asking for conditions info (ie: has the
trail been brushed? blowdowns? burn areas?) and no calls back.

Anyone been through there recently? Hope water's not in too short
supply after the middle fork of the Feather. It's going to be hotter
than Hades down in those river canyons. (I'm toying with going w/o a
sleeping bag this time, for the three-day fastpack.)

Thanks for your consideration,

DP