[pct-l] bear cans

Richard Woods Sparksrick51 at charter.net
Mon Aug 2 23:10:56 CDT 2010

Ditto. Bear Scat on the TRT just below the Granite Chief Wilderness,
bear sign all around Barker Pass, Richardson Lake, Velma Lakes, Dick's
Lake.

On Aug 2, 2010, at 8:59 PM, leestcoast at gmail.com wrote:

They aren't required but there are a lot of bears in that area that
infiltrate Tahoe City or the Truckee  areas in search of people food.
In '07 I saw bear scat in several camping areas on the PCT SoBd from
Donner Pass. I'd recommend using an Ursack with an OpSak odor proof
liner and tie it to a down tree or snag well away from where you
sleep. It's worked well for me, even when I could hear a bear in the
vicinity tearing up a log or tree for grubs or what not during the
night. They never found the Ursack.
Cruz Control