[pct-l] How much of (calif) section A-F is do'able in January

greg mushial gmushial at gmdr.com
Tue Aug 3 16:15:17 CDT 2010

I'm hoping to be a thru in 2011...  but in dropping said hint at work,
getting that much time off in one piece might not be possible. So instead of
a "true thru" (Apr->Oct, Mex->Can), my plan B would be a "thru in a year",
ie, do pieces or all of A-F in January and March, and then pick up in early
June where I left off. So, my question is: when does winter come to the
south? When (nominally) does Baden-Powell become snow covered; or asked
differently: what parts are still doable (meaning trail walking, not
snowshoe'ing) in January, and again, in March?
thanks - TheDuck