[pct-l] How much of (calif) section A-F is do'able in January

tom aterno nitnoid1 at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 4 09:22:57 CDT 2010

"It's anybody's guess. I've been on the PCT at Baden-Powell in late
December without a trace of snow. Or it could be buried. Every year is
different. I've climbed 10,064' Mt. San Antonio, just south of
Baden-Powell, in mid-January in conditions that could only be called summer."

For what it's worth, the National Weather Service just issued its winter forecast for 2010-2011.  Southern California is expected to be drier than normal, which should mean less snowfall.  I would plan accordingly.

The Incredible Bulk

To unsubcribe, or change options visit: