[pct-l] iphone vs droid for thru-hike

Bill Burge bill at burge.com
Sun Aug 8 16:41:32 CDT 2010

The iPhone is a relatively static entity.  The GPS capabilities are documented and the apps are reasonably well known.

I'm kinda an iPhone guy.  I know a bit about Android phones, but not a lot about the map/GPS apps available for them.

The GPS capabilities will vary depending on the handset you buy and the carrier it is on - it can/will vary with different combinations of these two factors as well as version of Android (a little).

BillB