[pct-l] Pct-L Digest, Vol 32, Issue 22

Don Amundson amrowinc at hotmail.com
Sat Aug 14 11:46:51 CDT 2010

Regarding MTR and VVR food I guess you have your answer.  One addition that may have not been stated is that MTR has short stays available so you if you can plan far enough in advance you could book a cabin/tent cabin for a night enjoy a break, meals and their private hot springs facility  (not to be confused with the public pools).  Funny how we experience things differently.  Last year in August I crossed the San Joaquin in bare feet with no problems.  Across the meadow there is a warm water lake to take a nice relaxing swim in and in the meadow there are at least two hot spring pools.  One larger one with no naked women unfortunately and a two person one that my hiking partner and I soaked in.  Actually I think I remember seeing a single person pool also.  Muddy bottoms yes but zen out, lower yourself into the waters gently, gradually bury your tired feet in the hot mud and enjoy.
Still Lookin